Conscious Ageing is a social venture and an impact generator initiative, founded in 2017.
In 2019 Hekate Conscious Ageing Foundation was set up in the Netherlands, to boost our activities.
Coming from rather different backgrounds and focus areas, we realized that throughout our professional career and personal paths, conscious and responsible living were always major driving forces for both of us.
We also realise that ageing is a rather big deal both on personal and social levels. Western countries are all ageing. People live longer and have the chance to benefit from and contribute to society in new ways. A whole new economy, “Silver Economy” is emerging. At the same time, Europe faces a care-crisis that also have significant implications in many levels of society.
Our intention with Conscious Ageing is to face these challenges and opportunities. Also, to address them in ways that are beneficial for both the ageing people and society.
During our work, we are constantly aware that climate change is here now, as a result of non-sustainable human activities. We believe that this is the responsibility of our generation and our ancestors’, that Nature is in such a wounded shape. We hold responsibility for the current state of Nature and for the future of younger generations. In our work, we are willing to respond to this as well.
co-founder, economist, permaculturist, carer
Conscious Ageing to me is a philosophical yet practical approach, that can help people grow. I strongly believe, that based on the experiences we gained in our lives so far, Conscious Ageing is one way to improve our freedom, lived in a responsible way.
What I did in the past
- Researcher and lecturer St Istvan University, Institute of Environmental and Landscape Management, Hungary (1994-2008)
- Activist in areas of social and environmental sustainability (since 1998)
- Founder or volunteer or president of a number of women’s organisations and green NGOs (since 1998)
- Hungarian delegate to the Board of the European Women’s Lobby (2008-2010)
- Monitoring Committee member of the Environment and Energy Operational Program, Hungary (2008-2014)
- Consultant for rural municipalities in environmental investment projects (2008-2012)
- Developing and implementing a gender-sensitive rural and community development program in the Godollo region, Hungary
- Studying, exploring, cultivating, and spreading the idea of permaculture, both its environmental and social aspects (since 2001)
- Trainer, teacher, organiser, facilitator, moderator in a countless number of trainings, self-support circles, women’s circles, study groups.
My current interest
- Purple and silver economy (mostly research and development)
- Social sustainability and the care-crisis in Europe (with focus on the UK, Malta and Hungary)
- Environmental and social sustainability and how permaculture can offer robust solutions
- Trainings on EarthCare and PeopleCare related topics
- Active Citizenship Award of the American Embassy, Hungary (2012)
- State recognition by the Ministry of Social Affairs, Hungary (2008)
- Ford Fellowship in NYC, USA: Developing Community Leaders (2004)
co-founder, Gestalt Therapist, Menopause activist
I am working towards a society in which one can experience ageing in an active, free, autonomous, and responsible way. Towards a society in which all intergenerational knowledge, skills, and experiences are united in order to build a sustainable way of living.
While researching the topics of midlife changes and menopause, I conducted over 50 interviews with women and men from all over Europe. Although these changes can be triggered by various life events and might manifest differently, they inevitably occur around the age of 35-55. While this period of intense midlife change might extend over multiple years, it is almost considered taboo in our current society.
Living in the Netherlands allowed me to gain experience and actively engage in the creation of a more inclusive community/society. My main activities include individual therapy sessions, organising an entrepreneur accelerator program for people experiencing career shifts in midlife change, and raising awareness of menopause.
What I did in the past
In the first 20 years of my professional career, I led teams, managed projects, clients and services. I developed myself, other individuals, organisations and IT systems.
My current research interest
- Midlife changes
- Intergenerational co-creation
- Ageism in the digital world
- Silver economy
Hekate Conscious You(th) Community and Impact Leader
I am a proud member of Hekate Conscious You(th) focusing on young individuals conscious, healthy and sustainable growth. I am a youth leader, trainer and facilitator, a mentor, a mover and shaker working with and for diverse groups and individuals. Helping people in a way or another has always motivated me. I aim to empower and guide youth to unleash their potential, find or create their personal and/or professional path, and to live the life they love, in many creative ways. My work combines deep care, multi-sectoral and multicultural experience, and a passion for life-long learning.
What I did in the past
I started my carrier in the corporate world back in Hungary, then turned to be obsessed with the non-profit sector. I worked with and learned from an organisation in a one-year-long program in Bulgaria, called European Voluntary Service. I was selected to participate in a six-months-long program in Spain, called Erasmus For Young Entrepreneurs. As some results of my post-graduate, life-long learning project I am a certified Digital Wellness Educator. I also hold a certification of Daniel Goleman’s Emotional Intelligence course which strongly contributes to the success of my education method. Since 2015 I have been training youth on digital wellness, emotional intelligence, leadership, personal growth, experiential learning, social inclusion, future orientation, entrepreneurship, diversity, and communication in Europe and Asia.
I’m currently working on
- Designing unique approach of applying the concept of Digital Wellness
- Post-certificate research on Emotional Intelligence
- Adapting Experiential Learning principles and methods (in)to diverse environments
- Community building
- Social responsibility & social entrepreneurship
Partner, Gestalt Therapist, Trainer
I’m a psychologist currently living and working in The Hague, Netherlands.
People are and were always my main focus of interest. After working with people in organizations for 15 years, a year ago I decided to dedicate myself solely to therapeutic work. Now I work as a Gestalt Therapist with individuals and couples. I lead groups for women to enhance vitality and support the transition from one life phase to another. I also train Gestalt Therapists. I am the co-founder and managing partner of Budapest Gestalt Institute.
I love living, I am constantly learning which is joyful, exciting, also tiring and scary sometimes. I aim to support my clients in feeling more at home and alive in their life and relationships. You can find more about my professional background at LinkedIn:
What I did in the past
I’ve been developing people and organizations as a consultant, trainer, and coach between 2005-2019 in Hungary. I was a teacher of Business Coaching at Budapest Business School.
Meantime I was trained in Gestalt Therapy at the Norwegian Gestalt Institute and since 2012 I’ve been working as a therapist with private clients.
I currently study Global Sustainability Science at Utrecht University in the Netherlands. There is a lot of talk about the need to become more conscious of ourselves and our environment in my field, and I believe that by being a part of Hekate I can do just that.
Growing up in an international environment taught me the importance and value of approaching all aspects of life with an open mind, and I enjoy being a part of something that allows me to help others using my own skills and experiences.
My interests include sustainable development, social equality, and personal as well as interpersonal well-being. In the past, I worked with groups and NGOs that focused on women’s empowerment, social and environmental sustainability, and permaculture.