A unique program for those who want to take ownership of their ageing and turn it into a conscious journey
Ageing means to be alive. Every day in life is an opportunity. The choices we are making today shape our future. For the first time in human history today’s generations in Europe living up to 90 years or more are no longer an exception and that brings a new paradigm.
Are we prepared to live as long? Do we know how to make all these years meaningful and fulfilling? Are we aware of the potential losses and difficulties? Are we ready to change perspective and start celebrating life in all its aspects and turn ageing into a conscious and active journey? Do we know how to do that?
This program is for you if:
- You recognise the impact of ageing in your current life
- You want to take ownership of your ageing and becoming an Elder
- You want to reflect and to be prepared for the social, professional, financial, mental, physical, and spiritual aspects of ageing
- You want to explore your biases, share your thoughts, ideas (and probably your doubts and fears) about ageing and becoming an Elder
- You want to build a personal roadmap which will support you in the process of becoming older, as besides it being an adventure, it is also a process of grieving and celebration in one.
- You want to take part in an international conscious ageing community
In this program we want to explore together the journey of ageing and becoming an Elder.
What practical aspects are there?
European citizens are ageing, the number of Elderly people is rapidly growing and that creates pressure on the care-, health-, pension- and social systems.
How can we take ownership and prepare for our ageing and our elderly age socially, professionally, financially, mentally, physically, and spiritually?
What are the biases around ageing and how might these limit us in all aspects of our life? And how can we change these for ourselves and maybe others?
During this 10 month learning program with 10 workshops, we cover all angles of ageing and becoming an Elder. We look at the cultural, demographic and sociological framework, the practical aspects and everything in between. We will provide you with inspiration, reflections and practical tools and materials.
During these 10 workshops, you will create your individual roadmap into your elderly age starting today.
For people over 40 who wants to take ownership of their ageing and want to shape their elderly age consciously and with informed thinking.
Timing: We will have monthly zoom meetings on Fridays, from 15:00 – 17:00 CET, each session takes 2 hours.
The group consists of up to 20 people. We will record the sessions in case any group member cannot attend and make them available for a limited time to group members only. In between sessions you will have to spend some time on reading, watching materials and working on your own personal roadmap. We will have an online (closed) community where we can share reflections, questions and information.
Language: The sessions will be in English.
Costs: The total cost of this programme is 249 EUR* (for all 10 sessions).
To make our programme available for everyone we provide free spots in limited numbers. Interested, please contact us.
*This programme is part of the Erasmus+ UnfOlding Project Co-funded by the European Union
- Introduction (22 April 2022, 15:00-17:00 CET)
- Social life, social network, social support (20 May 2022, 15:00-17:00 CET)
- Professional life (work, learning) (17 June 2022, 15:00-17:00 CET)
- Housing and living (8 July 2022, 15:00-17:00 CET)
- Spiritual life (26 August 2022, 15:00-17:00 CET)
- Physical health (16 September 2022, 15:00-17:00 CET)
- Mental health (7 October 2022, 15:00-17:00 CET)
- Financial sustainability (28 October 2022, 15:00-17:00 CET)
- Approaching end of life (25 November 2022, 15:00-17:00 CET)
- Personal Roadmap (20 January 2023, 15:00-17:00 CET)
Gestalt therapist, Co-founder of Hekate Conscious Ageing Foundation
Miléna has been working on conscious, active and healthy ageing for many years, participating in several research, organising numerous trainings, conferences and events. In her private practice her focus is on the “sandwich” generation, adults going through midlife changes or other significant transitions in life. She is a member of the European Association of Psychotherapy (EAP) and the European Association for Gestalt Therapy (EAGT).
Mirjam van Ruth
Owner of Laventurier, Soul Based Coach and Consultant.
Mirjam spent many years leading teams and projects. She now works as a coach, facilitator and as a consultant. She has been exploring life and who we all are ever since she left the corporate world and she wants to inspire others to do the same. In all her activities, which are many, Mirjam’s focus is on creating greater awareness into who we are, in order to live life fully and freely.
If you have any question, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org